Sunday, July 27, 2008

When life gives you lemons...

you make the most delicous lemonade ever! I had great lemonade in Queen Elizabeth National Park due to the abundance of lemon trees. Only, Mary, the elephant liked to pick the ripe ones!

Dr. Siefert was amazing. I had the time of my life with him and learned so much. Everytime I sat near him, I assumed my best sponge pose and tried to absorb as much of his vast knowlege as I could.

He darted a lion to radio collar it. I had my hands in the lion's mouth and got to hold his paws in my hand. Words cannot describe how amazing the experience was for me.

Then next day, we darted an elephant to remove a wire snare. Once again, I couldn't believe I was able to do what I did. I have my hand burried inside the wound, debriding the dead tissue to help this elephant literally get back on its feet. They have incredible ears! Pinch me!

I'm in London with he-who-must-not-be-named. I'm riding a rollercoaster of emotions here. The sites are amazing! This city is crazy busy and there is so much to see. I'm so fortunate to be here. The days have been jam-packed with site-seeing so this has left little time for internet. I will have some awesome pictures to show! The hightlight so far was the War Chambers and Winston Churchill museum.

Don't worry, Mom, I'm still alive and mostly well.

No comments: