Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 8th: Church in Africa

I went to church with Hilda and Warren today. The Lift Up Jesus Church is located in a bar. They welcomed us and asked for an introduction. There were lots of hallelujahs and amens. The singing was very animated with clapping, dancing and shouting. The sermon was delivered by the minister’s wife because he was away on mission. She breastfed her 3rd born while we introduced ourselves. I had a little trouble following the speech due to the random hallelujahs and amens interspersed. It was not as formal or stuffy has church back home, nobody was quite and still except me. I’m glad I went, it was definitely a new experience. On the walk home, I had my first yoghurt in a bag and it was delicious. Between the yoghurt and chocolate African tea, I should definitely not starve.

No comments: